Shri B.V.V Sangha was founded by His Holiness Sri.Gurubasava Maha Swamiji of
Bilur in 1906 with the assistance of merchant philanthropists of this region to provide
education to the remote rural public. The Sanskrit pathashala started
in 1906 was the first venture of the sangha in initiating the educational activities. The
clarity of vision and untiring efforts of the founder and subsequent administrators have gone a
long way in shaping the destiny of sangha
over a century.
At present, the sangha has over 104 institutions under its umbrella that are
involved in imparting knowledge and top class education in the fields of primary, secondary,
higher and professional areas such as Pharmacy, Engineering,
Medical, Dental, Nursing, Ayurveda, Law and many more.
The genesis of pharmacology in India dates back to the beginning of 20th Century
when Col.Ram Nath Chopra took over the reins in 1921 as the first Professor of Pharmacology at
the School of Tropical Medicine, Calcutta. Col. Chopra
who is rightly regarded as the doyen of pharmacology initiated several research investigations
to study the merits and demerits of indigenous drugs used in the country since ancient times.
The story of the birth of the Indian Pharmacological Society (IPS) dates back to
1966, when the 12th Annual Conference of Association of Physiologists and Pharmacologists of
India (APPI) held at Patna, a large gathering of pharmacologists
resolved to start an independent body for pharmacologists. Prof. Desmond Lawrence of Clinical
Pharmacology Division in University of London provided real momentum to the new movement.
Contact Details of Organizing Secretary: Dr. Chandrashekhar V M : +91 9880298342